LIFE, fashion, animals, nom nom's and a sprinkle of DIY :)

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

A day in the life of my little ones

A snapshot of animal life in my household:

You will probably never see this cat when you come over to my place.  He's afraid of his own shadow but is such a love bug!

Sam cuddling with the awesome ducky pillow pet

DIY Dog Bed:
Take a big piece of fabric and sew up 3 of the 4 sides (try sewing them inside out to hide the seams).  While making this bed I remembered why I don't sew more...my machine is evil.  Sometimes it'll work, sometimes it'll just stare me in the face and make weird machine noises.  Definitely not to be trusted!!  Then stuff it!  Instead of using poly stuffing you can find at the craft store I used left over fleece pieces and old t-shirts.  Blue has torn up 2 out of the 3 store bought dog beds we have purchased for her.  I'm tired of picking up all the stuffing from around the yard.  At least now when she rips up this bed it'll just be clothes and fabric.  Much easier to pick up!  Since I was super lazy and couldn't find my sewing box full of Velcro and zippers I ended up just sewing the last seam together to finish it off.  Seems like my girl likes her new star patterned bed!  Hope it lasts longer than her last bed did...

Blue my puppy model

Getting comfy and wondering why I'm taking so many pictures

Stars, moons and planets perfect for bed time!

New rug being investigated by some of the kitties.
I always get suckered into buying another rug when I go to Big Lots.  This new beauty was only $20!!  I can't resist good deals and fun designs :)

Ninjie Star playing around with one of my handmade cat toys (Feathers attached to ribbon = super easy)

Pogo looking for some nom's

1 comment:

  1. i love your animal life!!! you are so creative! you could sell these on etsy :) and that picture of blue on her new bed made with love from her mama is so cute! and ohhh little pogo, squeak squeak! and all the kitties!! little normie is out to play. the pic of sam is soo sweet with the ducky pillow. <3 your house is full of animal love!

    ReplyDelete