LIFE, fashion, animals, nom nom's and a sprinkle of DIY :)

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Off to Court

Who knew sitting in a chair all day would be so brutal!?  Went to jury duty for the first time today and now see why the majority of the nation throws their summons away.  I feel like I wasted an ENTIRE DAY OF MY LIFE!

Some thoughts I had throughout the day:

-BORED out of my mind
-Fun seeing a coworker also at jury duty!
-Dread (when my name was called last for the very first jury panel of the day.  The lady hadn't even finished her orientation speech)
-Nervousness when walking into the actual court room
-Stuffy.  Courtroom was small with wood paneling everywhere and too many men in suits.
-The hidden panel door the judge came through was pretty bad ass
-Uncomfortable (tights + skirt = static)
-One of the bailiffs looked like a stuffed sausage in his protective vest and uniform.  Don't get me wrong he was still super intimidating but I couldn't help but chuckle every time it took him a minute to sit down.
-Fellow jurors were pretty nice
-Rainbow bow tie!  A judge that gave an intro speech was totally rocking the colorful bow tie.  Pretty snazzy for an old guy.
-Learning personal insights of strangers is very strange
-Sleeping in was kind of nice


Cardigan, white tank, black skirt, brown stretchy belt, white floral tights, brown boots, new infinity scarf and small bird necklace you can't see :)

This is the face of a tired potential juror
Have to go back tomorrow....lucky me.

1 comment: